CSUN junior Channon Fluker (Pasadena, Calif./Maranatha HS) captured her fifth Big West Women’s Basketball Player of the Week award this season, as she averaged 29.5 points and 16.0 rebounds in a 1-1 conference split.
• Fluker now has 12 career awards, moving her within one of tying the all-time Big West record. New Mexico State’s Anita Maxwell (1992-96) is the leader with 13.
• Fluker, a double-double machine, recorded her 44th and 45th career double-doubles during the week as CSUN won at Hawai‘i (70-58) and lost at UC Irvine (56-47). In addition, those were her 11th and 12th double-doubles of the season.
• Fluker has a double-double in four straight games.
• The 6-4 center notched a season-high 34 points against the Rainbow Wahine. She made all nine second half field goal attempts to finish the game 13-of-20 from the field.
• It was Fluker’s third 30-point effort of the season. She also grabbed 17 rebounds while adding two assists and two blocked shots against UH.
• She had 25 points, 15 rebounds, an assist and a steal in the loss at UCI. She went 8-of-19 from the field and 9-of-12 from the charity stripe.
• Fluker tallied 14 of CSUN’s 17 second quarter points against UCI.
Others nominated: Dynn Leaupepe (Cal Poly); Hannah Thompson (Cal State Fullerton); Shanaijah Davison (Long Beach State); Pele Gianotti (UC Davis); Jordan Sanders (UC Irvine); Lauren Holt (UC Riverside); Sarah Bates (UC Santa Barbara)