RAISA STROM-OKIMOTO, HAWAI‘I – OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK Senior • MF • Aiea, O’ahu • Aiea HS
• Raisa Strom-Okimoto garnered her first career Offensive Player of the Week award thanks to a productive road trip that netted Hawai‘i wins over Saint Mary’s and Pacific.
• The senior midfielder scored two goals and added an assist as the Rainbow Wahine extended their winning streak to three straight.
• In the 2-1 win against the Gaels, Strom-Okimoto notched the game-tying goal in the 87th minute to force overtime. In the extra period, Strom-Okimoto had the game-winning assist as her corner kick found Leialoha Medeiros for the clincher at 97:50.
• UH enjoyed an offensive outburst in the 5-0 triumph over the Tigers. Strom-Okimoto tallied her team-leading third goal of the season in the 16th minute to give the ‘Bows a 2-0 lead. She has already tied her goal total from last year.
Others nominated: Atlanta Primus (Cal State Fullerton); Mahlah Catline (UC Davis); Lili Andino (UC Irvine); Madeline Gibson (UC Santa Barbara)
ALEXIS MATA, HAWAI‘I – DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK Junior • GK • Woodland, Calif. • Pioneer HS
• Mata claimed her third career Defensive Player of the Week honor, protecting Hawaii’s goal to the tune of a 0.48 goals against average in road wins over Saint Mary’s and Pacific.
• Mata held the Gaels to just one goal in UH’s 2-1 comeback victory. Her three saves helped UH earn the win in overtime.
• She recorded her second shutout of the season – fourth of her career – and stopped five shots in the 5-0 victory over the Tigers.
• Mata had a .889 save percentage for the week.
Others nominated: Kaya Hawkinson (Cal State Fullerton); Aleah Kelley (UC Irvine)