Hasco, Roy Corral Women's Soccer Accolades
EMMA HASCO, UC DAVIS – OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Junior • MF • Upper St. Clair, Pa. • Upper St. Clair HS
Emma Hasco garnered her first career Offensive Player of the Week award, celebrating her first collegiate goal against Pac-12 opponent California.
• The UC Davis junior scored her team’s lone goal in a 1-1 tie with the Bears, which were receiving votes in the latest national polls.
• Hasco leveled the score at 1-1 with her 60th minute free kick just outside the 18 yard box. Facing a four-woman wall, Hasco struck a shot toward the right post which cleared the hands of the diving Bear goalkeeper.
• Hasco became the seventh different goal scorer for UC Davis this season, and notched the team’s eighth goal of the year – two shy of last year’s total and three more than the team’s non-conference total from all of 2017.
• The Aggies have played in three consecutive double overtime contests – the first time that has happened since 2014.
Others nominated: Bethany Fitzsimmons (CSUN); Amanda Roy (UC Riverside)
AMANDA ROY, UC RIVERSIDE – DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Junior • D • San Diego, Calif. • Rancho Bernardo HS
• The anchor of the UC Riverside defense, Amanda Roy played an integral role in a pair of shutout wins against San Jose State and UNLV.
• The Highlanders topped both opponents by identical 1-0 scores to improve to 8-0-1 on the year – the program’s best start since 2004.
• Roy aided the Highlander defense, which has posted eight shutouts in nine games. The Spartans and Rebels managed just a combined 10 shots over the two games, with only five of those attempts on frame.
• The junior defender also worked some offensive magic with her third career goal in the 13th minute against the Spartans. She scored on a header off of a perfect corner kick from teammate Danielle O’Brien.
• This is Roy’s second career Defensive Player of the Week honor. She received her first award on Oct. 25, 2016.
Others nominated: Lindsay Kutscher (CSUN); Alexis Smith (UC Davis); Sydney Magnin (UC Santa Barbara)