Ruddins Earns Sixth Career Women's Volleyball Honor
LINDSEY RUDDINS, UC SANTA BARBARA – PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Junior • OH • Laguna Niguel, Calif. • Aliso Niguel HS
• Lindsey Ruddins became the 14th individual in Big West history to collect at least six women’s volleyball Player of the Week awards.
• The UC Santa Barbara outside hitter helped her team to a 2-1 record during the opening week of Big West play, averaging 5.45 kills and 4.00 digs per set.
• Ruddins hit .231 with two matches of 20-plus kills as the Gauchos topped UC Riverside in four sets and swept Cal State Fullerton.
• She recorded her eighth and ninth double-doubles of the year. Ruddins posted 23 kills and 18 digs in a four-set loss to UC Irvine, then returned with 25 kills and 17 scoops versus the Titans.
• Ruddins has at least 20 kills in nine of 15 matches this year.
• She also collected five aces (0.45 sang) and four blocks (0.36 big) for the week.
Others nominated: Torrey Van Winden (Cal Poly); Aeryn Owens (CSUN); Emma Kirst (Long Beach State); Idara Akpakpa (UC Irvine); Chelsea Doyle (UC Riverside); McKenna Granato (Hawai‘i)
ABBY MARJAMA, UC IRVINE – FRESHMAN PLAYER OF THE WEEK
OH • Granite Bay, Calif. • Granite Bay HS
• Abby Marjama notched her first career Freshman Player of the Week nod as she led UC Irvine in kills in two matches.
• Marjama had 12 kills in a four-set win over UC Santa Barbara and a career-best 15 cutaways in a five-set loss to Hawai‘i.
• She averaged 3.00 kills per set while hitting .250 with 27 total kills and just five errors in 88 swings.
• Marjama posted her second double-double of the season as she added 11 digs against the Rainbow Wahine. She chipped in a career-high five block assists versus UH.
• With two aces against UH, she now has two or more aces in a match seven times this season.
Others nominated: Avalon DeNecochea (Cal Poly); Lexi McLeod (CSUN); Allison Martinez (Long Beach State); Nailah Jones (UC Riverside); Gigi Ruddins (UC Santa Barbara)
EMILIA PETRACHI, UC SANTA BARBARA – DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Senior • L • Modena, Italy • Liceo Classico San Carlo
• Emilia Petrachi claimed her seventh career Defensive Player of the Week award after averaging 5.55 digs per set over three contests.
• The libero helped UC Santa Barbara to a pair of Big West road victories. But first, she tallied 25 digs in a four-set loss to UC Irvine.
• Petrachi added 24 digs in a four-set win against UC Riverside and 12 more in a sweep versus Cal State Fullerton.
• Petrachi, who has reached 20 or more digs in seven contests this season, moved into No. 3 all-time in UCSB history with 1,680 digs. She’s 62 shy of setting the record.
• She added a pair of aces in both wins against UCR and CSF.
Others nominated: Katherine Brouker (Cal Poly); Kristey Markle (CSUN); YiZhi Xue (Long Beach State); Nicole Rodriguez (UC Riverside); Reyn Akiu (Hawai‘i)