LYNSEE VOSS, UC SANTA BARBARA – OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK Junior • MF • Simi Valley, Calif. • San Diego
• Lynsee Voss earned her first career Offensive Player of the Week award with her first goal of the season in a 1-0 victory over UC Davis.
• The UC Santa Barbara junior notched the game-winner in the 18th minute as she collected the ball inside the box, made a move to evade her defender, and deposited a shot into the top right corner of the goal.
• It was the only shot of the match for Voss.
• The goal was also the second of her Gaucho career.
Others nominated: Sydney Knauer (Cal Poly); Dana Fujikuni (Long Beach State); Alicia Sloss (UC Davis)
REEMA BZEIH, UC IRVINE – DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK Senior • D • Irvine, Calif. • UCLA
• Reema Bzeih notched her second career Defensive Player of the Week award as the UC Irvine senior tallied her first collegiate goal in a conference victory.
• A fifth-year senior defender, Bzeih scored the goal in dramatic fashion as it came with one second remaining in double overtime against Hawai‘i. The 1-0 victory gave the Anteaters their first shutout of the season.
• Bzeih helped anchor a defense that enabled UCI to outshoot UH by a 23-4 margin. Only two of the four Rainbow Wahine shots were on frame.
• Bzeih also handled primary duties on corner kicks, and took eight during the game, five of which found the head of Aleah Kelley who had great chances but did not convert.
Others nominated: Lindsay Kutscher (CSUN); Imani McDonald (Long Beach State); Alexis Smith (UC Davis); Hanna DeWeese (UC Santa Barbara)