Deja Vu: Ruddins, Marjama, Petrachi Return To Honor Roll
LINDSEY RUDDINS, UC SANTA BARBARA – PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Junior • OH • Laguna Niguel, Calif. • Aliso Niguel HS
• Lindsey Ruddins collected her second straight and seventh career Player of the Week accolade after averaging 5.56 kills per set in a split of the first two conference matches.
• Ruddins is one of just 12 players in Big West history to be named Player of the Week at least seven times over the course of a career.
• Ranked No. 1 in the Big West and No. 2 nationally in kills per set, the UC Santa Barbara junior maintained that pace with 24 kills against Long Beach State and 26 versus UC Davis.
• Ruddins hit .317 (24-5-60) against the Beach in a four-set victory. She added 12 digs, two block assists and an ace.
• In a five-set loss to the Aggies, Ruddins collected 26 kills and 11 digs for her team-high 11th double-double of 2018. The junior chipped in three block assists and an ace.
• Ruddins has at least 20 kills in 11 of 17 contests this season.
• Over nine sets, Ruddins hit .283 with 50 kills and just 11 errors in 138 attempts, while averaging 2.56 digs and 0.56 blocks per set.
Others nominated: Torrey Van Winden (Cal Poly); Emily Allen (UC Davis); Idara Akpakpa (UC Irvine); Norene Iosia (Hawai‘i)
ABBY MARJAMA, UC IRVINE – FRESHMAN PLAYER OF THE WEEK
OH • Granite Bay, Calif. • Granite Bay HS
• Abby Marjama repeated as Freshman of the Week as she either tied or set personal-bests in a conference sweep.
• The UC Irvine outside hitter tied her career high with 15 kills in a 25-13, 25-15, 25-10 victory over UC Davis.
• Marjama hit an efficient .520 for the match, collecting her 15 kills on 25 swings while making only two errors. The .520 effort was the best mark of her career, eclipsing the .375 she posted against Pepperdine on Sept. 12.
• Marjama added four digs and an ace against the Aggies. The ace was her 30th of the year, ranking No. 2 in the Big West.
• Marjama has recorded 15 kills in two straight matches and has double figure kills in five of the last seven contests.
Others nominated: Avalon DeNecochea (Cal Poly); Gabrielle Barcelos (Cal State Fullerton); Josie Ough (UC Davis); Olivia Lovenberg (UC Santa Barbara); Kamalei Krug (Hawai‘i)
EMILIA PETRACHI, UC SANTA BARBARA – DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Senior • L • Modena, Italy • Liceo Classico San Carlo
• Emilia Petrachi earned Defensive Player of the Week accolades for the third time this season and eighth time in her career with another stellar effort from the back row.
• The libero helped UC Santa Barbara to a split of Big West action against Long Beach State and UC Davis with 55 digs in the two matches.
• Petrachi moved into No. 2 all-time for career digs at UCSB as the 55 digs represented the most she has ever had over a two-match span.
• Petrachi had 28 digs in a four-set win over Long Beach State and followed up with 27 in a five-set defeat to UC Davis.
• She is now just eight digs shy of surpassing Leah Sully for the program record.
Others nominated: Katherine Brouker (Cal Poly); Malia Bolko (UC Davis); Harlee Kekauoha (UC Irvine); Reyn Akiu (Hawai‘i)