CHANNON FLUKER, CSUN – WOMEN’S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK Senior • Center • Pasadena, Calif. • Maranatha HS
CSUN senior Channon Fluker tied the conference record with her 13th career Big West Women’s Basketball Player of the Week award after notching a double-double in a win over San José State.
• Fluker contributed 20 points and 13 rebounds in the 76-40 victory over the Spartans, her 65th career double-double.
• The 6-foot-4 center tied New Mexico State’s Anita Maxwell (1992-96) for the career Player of the Week record which had stood for 22 years.
• Fluker scored the first eight points of the game en route to a double-double at halftime – 12 points and 10 rebounds.
• She finished shooting 10-of-12 from the field while adding four assists, a steal and seven blocked shots in 30 minutes of activity.
• Fluker’s rim protection anchored a defense that held the Spartans to four points in the fourth quarter and 14-of-62 shooting for the game (22.6%), the second lowest by a CSUN team at the Division I level.
• The 40 points allowed are the fifth fewest by a Matador squad in the Division I era.
• Fluker’s 1,227 career rebounds ranks No. 2 all-time in Big West history, just ahead of the aforementioned Maxwell at 1,162.
OTHERS NOMINATED: Hana Vesela (Cal Poly); Raina Perez (Cal State Fullerton); Shanaijah Davison (Long Beach State); Morgan Bertsch (UC Davis); Jordan Sanders (UC Irvine); Marina Ewodo (UC Riverside); Makenna Woodfolk (Hawai‘i)