Bertsch Reaches Milestone In Capturing Third Weekly Honor
MORGAN BERTSCH, UC DAVIS •
WOMEN’S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Senior • Forward • Santa Rosa, Calif. • Santa Rosa HS
Becoming only the eighth player in conference history to tally 2,000 career points, UC Davis senior Morgan Bertsch claimed her third Big West Player of the Week honor this season thanks to a huge scoring performance in the league opener.
• Bertsch tallied a game-high 31 points in a 67-59 victory at UC Riverside.
• The 6-foot-4 forward reached the milestone at the free throw line with 4:32 remaining in the game, making both attempts to give her 2,001 points.
• Bertsch is the first Big West player to reach 2,000 points since UC Riverside’s Brittany Crain in 2016. In addition to Bertsch, those belonging to the exclusive club include New Mexico State’s Anita Maxwell (2,601), Hawaii’s Judy Mosley (2,479), Cal State Fullerton’s Genia Miller (2,415), Crain (2,326), Long Beach State’s Penny Toler (2,193), Idaho’s Alli Nieman (2,140) and UCR’s Kemie Nkele (2,062).
• Bertsch hit 11-of-19 from the floor and added eight rebounds. She made 8-of-10 from the line.
• The Santa Rosa, Calif., native registered her ninth game of at least 20 points this season and her sixth career game of at least 30 points.
• Bertsch leads the Big West in scoring with 23.8 points per game.
OTHERS NOMINATED: Devin Stanback (Cal Poly); Raina Perez (Cal State Fullerton); Channon Fluker (CSUN); Lauren Saiki (UC Irvine); Natalia Bruening (UC Santa Barbara); Amy Atwell (Hawai‘i)