CHANNON FLUKER, CSUN •
WOMEN’S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK Senior • Center • Pasadena, Calif. • Maranatha HS
CSUN senior Channon Fluker is the new owner of the career record for most Big West Women’s Basketball Player of the Week awards.
• Fluker tallied her 14th career honor after leading the Matadors to a 2-0 week and a pair of double-digit victory margins over Cal Poly and Cal State Fullerton.
• Fluker was tied for the all-time record with New Mexico State’s Anita Maxwell, who earned 13 weekly accolades from 1992-96.
• The 6-foot-4 center averaged 20.5 points, 14.5 rebounds and 5.5 blocks per game in the two wins.
• She became the ninth player in Big West history to reach the 2,000 career point plateau with 18 second half points in a 73-64 win over Cal State Fullerton. Fluker helped the Matadors rally back from a 10 point deficit in the second half after she went scoreless in the first stanza.
• Fluker opened the week with her sixth career 20-20 game in a 68-52 win over Cal Poly. She finished with 23 points, 20 rebounds and seven blocked shots. Her 20-rebound performance was the eighth of her career.
• Recently named as one of 10 finalists for the 2019 Lisa Leslie Award by the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association, Fluker blocked 11 shots in the two games and added three steals.
• She has recorded 16 double-doubles this season.
OTHERS NOMINATED: Dye Stahley (Cal Poly); Jade Vega (Cal State Fullerton); Morgan Bertsch (UC Davis); Jordan Sanders (UC Irvine); Jannon Otto (UC Riverside); Danae Miller (UC Santa Barbara); Courtney Middap (Hawai‘i)