McLaughlin Assists In Back-To-Back Gaucho Wins
JaQUORI McLAUGHLIN, UC SANTA BARBARA • MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Sophomore • Guard • Tacoma, Wash. • Oregon State
JaQuori McLaughlin led UC Santa Barbara to a pair of double-digit wins over conference contenders to claim his first career Big West Men’s Basketball Player of the Week award.
• Mired in a three-game skid, UC Santa Barbara leaned on the play of McLaughlin as he averaged 13.5 points, 2.0 rebounds, 7.5 assists and 2.0 steals per game in Gaucho blowouts over Hawai‘i (79-61) and Cal State Fullerton (82-67).
• The 6-foot-4 guard shot 50.0% (10-of-20) from the field, including 41.7% (5-of-12) from three-point range.
• Against UH, McLaughlin dished out a career-high eight assists with no turnovers in just 24 minutes. He chipped in 11 points on 4-of-8 shooting and two steals.
• McLaughlin handed out seven more assists against the Titans and did a solid job defending CSF’s First Team All-Big West player Kyle Allman, Jr. McLaughlin helped limit Allman, Jr. to 16 points on 4-of-14 from the field.
• In contrast, McLaughlin scored 16 points on 6-of-12 efficiency and made four three-pointers (in eight attempts).
• McLaughlin’s 15 assists represented the most in any two-game stretch he has had all year.
• His previous career-best for assists was five, set seven different times this season.
OTHERS NOMINATED: Donovan Fields (Cal Poly); Khalil Ahmad (Cal State Fullerton); Lamine Diane (CSUN); Deishuan Booker (Long Beach State); Jonathan Galloway (UC Irvine); Callum McRae (UC Riverside)