Stepteau Spearheads Road Sweep In Regular Season Finale
BROCKE STEPTEAU, HAWAI‘I • MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK Senior • Guard • Dallas, Texas • Dallas Jesuit Prep School
Hawai‘i senior Brocke Stepteau closed out the regular season with his first career Big West Men’s Basketball Player of the Week award, leading his squad to an impressive conference road sweep.
• Stepteau averaged 19.0 points, 5.5 rebounds and 4.0 assists as the Warriors snapped a three-game losing streak with wins at UC Davis (76-69) and Cal State Fullerton (71-59).
• The 5-foot-9 guard went 12-for-12 from the free throw line and has now made a school record 34 straight attempts.
• Stepteau spearheaded a UH comeback at UC Davis, scoring six straight points in the final minutes to complete a rally from 15 points down in the second half.
• The Dallas native also was instrumental in the second half at Cal State Fullerton with 15 of his 21 points, helping UH outscore the Titans by 13 in that stanza.
• Stepteau shot 64.7% (11-of-17) from the field, including 4-of-6 from three-point territory.
• He pulled down a season-high seven rebounds against the Titans to go along with three assists.
• UH improved to 9-1 on the year when Stepteau makes two or more three-point baskets in a game. He was 3-for-4 against CSF from distance.
OTHERS NOMINATED: Jackson Rowe (Cal State Fullerton); Lamine Diane (CSUN); Deishuan Booker (Long Beach State); Evan Leonard (UC Irvine); Callum McRae (UC Riverside); Max Heidegger (UC Santa Barbara)