Stevens, Boles, Kela Key Tournament Success
MEGAN STEVENS, CSUN – SOFTBALL FIELD PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Junior • OF • Rancho Cucamonga, Calif. • Grand Canyon
CSUN junior Megan Stevens garnered Big West Softball Field Player of the Week accolades as she helped her team to a 5-1 record.
• The outfielder hit .579 (11-for-19) with four doubles, four home runs and 15 RBI as the Matadors outscored the opposition 40-13 for the week.
• Stevens drove in at least one run in all six games. She had a 5-RBI performance in an 11-3 win over CSU Bakersfield, finishing the game 3-for-3 with two homers and four runs scored.
• She had three more hits, including a double, against Northern Kentucky in the opener of the Silicon Valley Classic II.
• Stevens doubled twice more in a 7-1 win over Weber State, and then went yard in back-to-back victories over tournament co-hosts San José State and Santa Clara.
• Her four home runs on the week gave her six for the season – the third-most in the Big West.
OTHERS NOMINATED: Noellah Ramos (Cal Poly); Deshea Hill (Cal State Fullerton); Jamie Wren (Long Beach State); Meghan Bradbury (UC Davis); Melanie Ramos (UC Riverside); Nicole Lopez (Hawai‘i)
JACY BOLES, UC RIVERSIDE – SOFTBALL PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Junior • RHP • Roseville, Calif. • Woodcreek HS
Jacy Boles led UC Riverside to a 5-0 record at the Highlander Classic in collecting Big West Softball Pitcher of the Week honors.
• The right-hander notched a 4-0 record with a 1.25 ERA over 22.1 innings of work. She allowed just four runs and four walks while striking out 14 batters.
• Boles won two of her starts against Omaha and San Diego, while picking up wins in relief versus Houston and the Mavericks.
• Boles tossed a three-hit shutout in an 8-0, six inning victory over Omaha. She later tossed 4.1 innings of one-hit, scoreless relief in a 9-6 win over the Mavericks.
• The Roseville, Calif. native threw a complete game five-hitter in a 3-2 win over San Diego. She walked none and struck out five Toreros.
OTHERS NOMINATED: Sophie Frost (Cal State Fullerton); Jillian James (CSUN); Brooke Yanez (UC Davis); Brittany Hitchcock (Hawai‘i)
HAYLEE KELA, UC RIVERSIDE – SOFTBALL FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
OF • Long Beach, Calif. • Lakewood HS
Haylee Kela played an important role in a 5-0 record at the Highlander Classic as the UC Riverside outfielder claimed her first Big West Softball Freshman of the Week award.
• Kela hit .375 (6-for-16) at the plate with four RBI in the five games.
• She had at least one hit in four of the five games. Her best effort came in the tourney opener against Omaha when she went 3-for-4 with an RBI.
• The outfielder helped the Highlanders complete a 4-3 comeback win against Houston with an RBI in the bottom of the seventh and her team trailing 3-0.
• Kela also made a number of solid defensive plays in center field, finishing the week without an error in 21 chances and including an outfield assist.
OTHERS NOMINATED: Dani Martinez (Cal State Fullerton); Megan Bower (UC Davis); Izzy Dino (Hawai‘i)